Labels

Movies (16) Quotes (4) GTA V (3)

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The hunger Games : Catching fire "Catch my eyes"

The hunger Games : Catching fire

First of all, I haven't read the books, and didn't know what to expect either from the first or the second of the Hunger Games outings. So I base this purely on the cinema experience.

I watched this in a full cinema,and it's was awesom.
-Acting (9.5/10) Jennifer Lawrence was amazing as Katniss, a step up from the first film. She wasn't bad in the first film, but she is excellent in this one.
-(8/10) Josh Hutcherson was pretty good too, and had more time to be developed as Peeta, turning the character more profound, with his "disappointments in love".
-Writing/Story (9/10) I thought that the story was excellent and it was written very well (there were a few things I thought could be changed- but overall, very well written)
-Set Designs/Costumes (8/10) What else can I say? Effie's costumes are crazy, but they work! The sets were kept to the theme and mood of the first film, however they managed to up the anti.
-Cinematography/effects (8/10) Catching Fire is great for effects, not perfect, but close. A huge step up from the first film- which had CGI mutts, which I give a rating of (6/10)< 
-Music (8/10) The music is something people said was not done very well, however I believe it really works. It is not perfect, however it really suited what was being seen on screen- and I loved the fact that there was music references from the first film. 

Exclusive Trailer



I suggest going to see it at the cinemas, favourite film of the year;
I give Catching Fire:8/10;


No comments:

Post a Comment